The Associated Press is providing real-time coverage as Barack Obama in sworn in for a second term as president of the United States. Stay with this page for the latest stories, photos and videos of the event.
- Local news
Police, firefighters and EMT's responded to a crash at the intersection of Joe Wright Drive and Hwy. 41 just south of the Farmers Market Monday shortly before noon.
Crash causes rollover; injuries unknown
A crash at the intersection of Joe Wright Dr. and Hwy. 41 just south of the Farmers Market caused considerable damage to both vehicles, but the number of injuries is unknown at this time.
- Participate in 'Watermelon Idol'
- 'This is your life,' John Woodard
- Jake named "Top Dog"
- Police seeking suspect in attempted theft at motel office
- Crash causes rollover; injuries unknown
- Local Sports
Lady Wildcats accounted for area's lone 2012-13 state championship
The 2012-13 school year wasn’t quite as productive title-wise as the 2011-12, but it still produced good results for the five area high schools.
- Crisp, Wilcox to each get trio of new varsity head coaches
- Wildcat, Trojan baseballers honored
- Fullington trio makes all-state baseball team
- Crisp County track participants recognized
- Lady Wildcats accounted for area's lone 2012-13 state championship
- Online Extras
National parks to offer healthier food under new standards
The consumption of rubbery hot dogs and cellophane-wrapped sandwiches of indeterminate age is a time-honored rite of passage for generations of families making the trek to national parks around the country.
- NSA contractor's self-outing puts him in spotlight
- Father's Day gifts: Think outside the box
- Motorist asks if arrest ruins chance to be a cop
- National parks to offer healthier food under new standards
Don't miss Taste of Home cooking school
For several months, we have planned, solicited sponsors, volunteers, vendors, door prizes and gift bag stuffers, and now our big day is almost here.
- Life, liberty, and…..healthcare
- Seizure of AP records insult to independent press
- Eyewitness gives account of Boston Marathon bombings
- Don't miss Taste of Home cooking school
'The Purge' shocks with $36.4 million opening
The suspense thriller "The Purge" topped the weekend box office with a shocking $36.4 million that doubled industry expectations, according to studio estimates Sunday.
- In fan fiction, your favorite characters do what you want them to
- TV-over-Internet service hits Atlanta next month
- VIDEO: Space station astronaut makes music video
- 'The Purge' shocks with $36.4 million opening