President Obama signs 23 executive orders on gun control, including stronger background checks and expanded safety programs in schools.
- Local news
For their window decoration, South Georgia Banking Co. built a jukebox that plays watermelon songs and added dancing melons to claim second place. Little Ryleigh Castleberry dances to the beat of the music.
Window decorating winners named
Watermelon window decorating winners were named Tuesday afternoon, and first place went to PlantersFirst Bank for its musical paintings on the windows and doors.
- Charitable cyclist finds local help
- Remembering those who have served
- Participate in 'Watermelon Idol'
- Crash causes rollover; injuries unknown
- Window decorating winners named
- Local Sports
Lady Wildcats accounted for area's lone 2012-13 state championship
The 2012-13 school year wasn’t quite as productive title-wise as the 2011-12, but it still produced good results for the five area high schools.
- Crisp, Wilcox to each get trio of new varsity head coaches
- Wildcat, Trojan baseballers honored
- Fullington trio makes all-state baseball team
- Crisp County track participants recognized
- Lady Wildcats accounted for area's lone 2012-13 state championship
- Online Extras
National parks to offer healthier food under new standards
The consumption of rubbery hot dogs and cellophane-wrapped sandwiches of indeterminate age is a time-honored rite of passage for generations of families making the trek to national parks around the country.
- NSA contractor's self-outing puts him in spotlight
- Father's Day gifts: Think outside the box
- Motorist asks if arrest ruins chance to be a cop
- National parks to offer healthier food under new standards
Don't miss Taste of Home cooking school
For several months, we have planned, solicited sponsors, volunteers, vendors, door prizes and gift bag stuffers, and now our big day is almost here.
- Life, liberty, and…..healthcare
- Seizure of AP records insult to independent press
- Eyewitness gives account of Boston Marathon bombings
- Don't miss Taste of Home cooking school
'The Purge' shocks with $36.4 million opening
The suspense thriller "The Purge" topped the weekend box office with a shocking $36.4 million that doubled industry expectations, according to studio estimates Sunday.
- In fan fiction, your favorite characters do what you want them to
- TV-over-Internet service hits Atlanta next month
- VIDEO: Space station astronaut makes music video
- 'The Purge' shocks with $36.4 million opening